The Surfing Pig
Kono’s began in Haleiwa on the North Shore in 2002. With its fun, surf-inspired atmosphere and delicious dishes, Kono’s has grown to be an island favorite. In 2017, it was voted #1 Plate lunch, #1 Breakfast, #1 Restaurant Under $29 and #1 Cheap Eats through the Reader’s Choice Awards in Hawaii Magazine. In 2017, and again in 2018, Kono’s received the prestigious ‘Ilima People’s Choice Award for “Best Casual Restaurant.” With the steady success and solid relationships that Kono’s has cultivated in the community, the conditions were right to start something fresh…
The Surfing Pig is the fourth restaurant location, opened in early 2018 by Kono’s Restaurant Group. Also known as “Kono’s sexy big sister,” it is the first of its kind. Nestled in the heart of the Upper Kaimuki, on the corner of Koko Head/Waialae Avenue, its flavor is Americana with a bold, local twist. The interior design celebrates modern surf culture, and the walls are a muted canvas that allows colors and ingredients on the dishes to really shine. The feeling is warm and the service is infused with “Extra Aloha.” The Surfing Pig celebrates the early days of Kaimuki (the Mecca of dining on Oahu) while embracing the present.
The Surfing Pig offers an elevated menu of Kono’s award winning 12-hour slow roasted pork, various selections of meat, small plates, savory entrees and delectable desserts. The new restaurant serves the best hand-crafted cocktails and offers the best gourmet bar food on the island. It is a hub for the classic and hip, distinguished professionals, celebrated artists, community influencers, foodies, everyday people & their families, in addition to the travelers looking for a neo-local experience outside of Waikiki and into a more neighborhood feel. The Surfing Pig is pleased to receive its first ‘Ilima People’s Choice Award for a new category called “Best of the Burbs” for East O’ahu in October 2018.
- Local House Greens8.50Hawai’i grown greens, house made sesame ginger dressing, grape tomato, red onion
- BRICK CHICKEN26.50Lightly seasoned airline chicken, pressed, pan fried + served w/ Sriracha fried rice, mushroom medley,
lemon beurre blanc
- SURFING PIG BURGER16.75Our signature seasoned bacon-burger blend, topped w/ bourbon onion, smoked gouda cheese, citrus herb aioli
- TENDERLOIN MEDALLIONS37Seasoned 6 oz beef tenderloin, red wine reduction, garlic potato, seasonal vegetable
- PAN SEARED AHI28Togarashi dusted, seared Ahi on a bed of Sriracha fried rice. Topped with Edamame Avocado Guacamole.
- Stuffed French Toast12.75French toast stuffed w/ Nutella + brulee apple banana, scoop of vanilla ice cream, finished w/ a Nutella drizzle, whip, fresh mint
- Smoking Pig15The most popular Surfing Pig signature drink is a take on the classic old fashioned using bacon infused bourbon, smoked + served tableside, topped w/ a crispy slice of bacon
- Stepping Out14Raspberry inspired cocktail w/ lemon juice + lychee vodka
- Waiaale Walk14A delicious rendition of the classic Old Fashioned using Scotch, cranberry + thyme, balanced w/ Aperol
- El Divertido14A harmonious pairing of red sangria + tequila sour topped w/ a dash of cinnamon
- Pig Pen13White Russian remix combining vodka, Kahlua + Frangelico, topped off w/ house made RumChata whip cream
Sunday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 9:30pm
Friday – Saturday: 4:00pm – 10:30pm
Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Monday – Friday: 4:00pm – 5:30pm